Sunday, August 15, 2010

1985 325e BMW....please help!?

I recently was poking around a used car lot and came across a section in the very back where non-advertised, non-running, broken and/or problematic cars are kept. after speaking with the owner he allowed me to dust off an old 1985 car that happended to be a 325e BMW. Long story short....He warned that I had to prop up the back end and when I did, much to my surprise, the car fired right up!....but it's stuck in reverse....hense the prop-up. No matter what I did though, the 5-stick manual speed shifter refused to give in. I don't want to take it off of his hands without some expert help from anyone....is it possibly a clutch issue? What are the best case, worse case options for me? Thanks so much....paulinnashville@yahoo.com



1985 325e BMW....please help!?computer



You didn't give me enough information to really accurately diagnois this like does the cluch pedal feel normal for a hyd. system? Does it make any noise with the clutch pedal depressed? My experience with those Getrag trannys is they are almost bulletproof. How rusty is the car and could it be that the pivot joint or shifter rod to shifter bushings are rusted together? Pull the drain plug from the bottom of the transmission and see if it has any metal stuck to it. It's a magnetic drain plug. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment