Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please help!! BMW 325Ci (E46) dead as a rock.. blown fuse?

I got back from a 2 week vacation and found the battery on my BMW 325Ci was down due to the radar detector I forgot to unplug before leaving. I tried to jumstart it myself but was unsuccesful. So, I called AAA and had someone come out with the battery pack. The guy attached the battery and asked me to turn the key - all electricals started functioning as normal (previously lights, etc were dim) - but the car still would not start. He then attached another battery (in parallel I believe) but it still would not start - so he gave up and left. 2 hours later, I found the car to be completely dead - no electricals working, no lights on the dashboard when I turn on the ignition, nothing! Did the fuse burn out?



Please help!! BMW 325Ci (E46) dead as a rock.. blown fuse?virus scanner



I have a 330i and have had some electrical problems. First check your fuzes! then check your battery. Then check your alternater. You will prob have to take it in to the shop. Bmw's can get complicated!



Please help!! BMW 325Ci (E46) dead as a rock.. blown fuse?anti virus software



Buy a new battery. Put it in, connect it up, leave it for 10 minutes. (take the key out). This would charge up the capacitors in the ECU, dash and other systems.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great explanation, thanks for the posting! BMW 325ci Melbourne

Post a Comment