Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lost my BMW oil cap, and my ';service engine soon'; light went on. If I replace the cap, wil

I drove off without my oil cap on my 2001 BMW 325i (E46). Driving home tonight, my ''Service Engine Soon'' light went off. Is the only thing I need to fix this a new oil cap, or do I have to pay for a service too?



Lost my BMW oil cap, and my ''service engine soon'' light went on. If I replace the cap, will this get fixed?adware remover



It's not a good idea to drive without your oil cap. Yes, the check engine light probably came on because of the engine being vented to the atmosphere. The emissions systems detects this and assumes there is a breach and alerts the driver.



Stuff a rag in the oil fill before driving further after MAKING SURE you have sufficient oil left in the crank case.



If the light persists have the computer cleared or remove the negative battery terminal for 10 minutes and replace it.



Lost my BMW oil cap, and my ''service engine soon'' light went on. If I replace the cap, will this get fixed?antivirus protection



Replacing the gas cap should make the check engine light go out. In general disconnecting the battery will NOT reset Check Engine Light. That's a pre-ODBII (pre 1996) car trick.



http://www.troublecodes.net/ar...



http://www.samarins.com/diagno... Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment