Friday, August 20, 2010

My 1997 BMW is overheating?

i have a 1997 bmw and my meter keeps saying that my motor is overheating? When i check the colant it feels cold and when i touch my radiator it is also cold what could be wrong with it?



My 1997 BMW is overheating?kawasaki



thermostat...its sticking shut most likely..



My 1997 BMW is overheating?nortan antivirus



definitely sounds like your thermostat is bad.
It could be be your temperature sensor sending unit.This sensor has a internal resistance that changes with the coolant temperature up or down, have it checked with a digital ohm meter, if out of specs, replace. Hope this helps.
additionally, see if the engine feels warmer (Just put your hand over it like you would over a fire, feel the warmth coming off the engine surface) if it feels warmer than it usually does, then the coolant's not circulating ...
check the oil, if its fine then the gauge might be up the creek

No comments:

Post a Comment