Friday, August 20, 2010

Durabilty of BMW's?

I was looking into buying a 2000 BMW 3 series with 100,000 miles on it because i heard there pretty durable cars however if they do break there very expensive to fix. Is this true?



Durabilty of BMW's?nortonantivirus



I owned the following models, all covered with BMW`s Motorplan:



Bought new: 2001 - 320i; 2004 - 330i Sport got rid of this one within the first 3 weeks.



Secondhand: 2002 - 318i Sport sold it within a year due to breakdowns; 2002 - 530d x2 The first diesel was brilliant the second one was a dud; 2003 -735i (this one literally spent half of the time I`ve owned it in the BMW dealer`s workshops).



Still own a 635csi of 1981 vintage (obviously no motorplan but in mint condition).



They all (except the 635) gave me loads and loads of problems - New and secondhand. My advice to you is not to even think of owning a secondhand BMW if the Motor plan expired on that vehicle.



I have been the owner of 37 vehicles to date. All for normal private use. The ones that gave me the most hassles - most UNreliable were VW`s, Audi`s and the BMW`s.



There is a point in any man`s life where reliability gets more important than driving pleasure - specially when your expensive German Status toy are parked on the back of a tow-in truck.



It`s Japanese toys that I park these days in my garage.



My experience: BMW workshops don't employ mechanics anymore - they are all part fitters. Very few BMW mechanics can do any fault finding diagnostics without the BMW Fault finding analyzing computer. If the computer cant diagnose the problem, the factory rep must be called in etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment